Sunday, March 30, 2008

Workout plan overview

I have already posted Workout 1 and in another blog entry I'll post Workout's 2 & 3. We should start off with the overview of the program that I'll be following.

Warmup -- 5 -10 minutes of a warmup at about 70% of your maximum effort. For me breaking an initial sweat is a psychological goal that gets me pumped to start my workout.

Weeks 1-3
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday = WEIGHTS & CARDIO
This will have you doing the 3 Workouts on different days of the week.
60 second rest between sets

Weeks 4-5
Monday - Friday = WEIGHTS & CARDIO
Do the weight workouts for 2 days in a row and then take a day off, however do cardio each day! The cardio is the key for these weeks.
15 second rest between sets

If you find that you can't push out that last one or two reps then focus on proper form and work toward partial reps. This hard work is where you'll see the true results!